This kahlua and cream recipe has a special guest ingredient. Amaretto. Which now makes this one of those hidden Italian drinks that only you and I, and maybe a few others know about. Yet.
Amaretto is an Italian liqueur. It taste a bit like sweet almonds. Which makes this drink - super sweet. It makes this more like a dessert in a cup!
If you are already a fan of amaretto you may be interested in my amaretto drink recipes page. I have over 20+ recipes showing you all kinds of wonderful things you can do with that bottle. I mean Amaretto Sours are great - but there's more!
You can take creative liberties with this recipe and a couple of suggestions are listed below. Thank you for stopping by ~
* 2/3 oz. kahlua
* 2/3 oz. cream
* 2/3 oz amaretto
* Pour the kahlua and amaretto into serving glass.
* Pour the cream over a bar spoon so that it floats. Hmmmm. (In other words, pour s-l-o-w-l-y so that the cream is on top.)
* So, if that doesn't work, pour it over the rocks!
* And if you don't like either of those suggestions, then just pour it in a chilled glass after you have stirred it in ice.
* It's still a quick fix any way you "float" it. Ha! Give yourself a whole of prep.
If you have half & half that's OK. It's not first choice. Kinda like a B-Grade movie. It's bearable but you may only want to do it once.
Well conviently I have espresso vodka from making my espresso martini recipe. If you happen to have that on hand - then it could be swapped out!
Back to the top of the kahlua and cream recipe