This amaretto cheesecake is part of my baked cheesecake recipe collection. I specifically call that out because I do have a NO bake amaretto mousse cheesecake which is great for the summertime. But this cheesecake is more of a traditional type of cheesecake.
Amaretto is an Italian liqueur. It's most well known for a drink called an amaretto sour. But we use it for a lot more than that. So if you get a bottle and don't know what to do with it - see my amaretto recipes for TONS of more Italian drinks, and other desserts too!
Do plan on putting something on the top of this cheesecake. She bakes rather wane and pale. I choose almonds. (Toasted AFTER I bake and then sprinkled on top) But any type of complimetary sauce or fruit would be fine. Just keep in mind she will need some blush, or rouge, or something to take away her paleness.
I would caution against substituting ingredients. You want the amaretto to shine through. And don't forget to have a glass while you are cooking.
I've answered a few questions about this recipe below.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you love this as much as my family and I do!
* 1 Cup of graham cracker crumbs
* 3 tablespoons of soft Butter
* 1/2 tbsp of almonds
* 1 1/2 pounds of cream cheese ( 3 - 8 ounce packages)
* 1/2 cup of amaretto
* 1/2 cup of Sugar
* 2/3 cup of heavy Cream
* 1/3 cup sour cream
* 3 eggs
* Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
* Mix the graham cracker crumbs and butter until they are loosely held together
* Pat into the bottom of the spring form pan
* Stick the pan in the refrigerator
* Blend the cream cheese until its smooth
* Add the sugar
* Add the eggs one at a time until they are smooth
* Add and blend the sour cream
* Add the heavy cream and the amaretto
* Pour into the spring form pan
* Bake for appromately OR until the 1 inch in the center appears a little loose.
* Cool on rack FIRST BEFORE you refrigerate
No sorry. Although the flavors are similar - the amount of extract or flavoring would be considerably less and that would mess with the balance of the baking ingredients.
That's another one of those "sorry no" answers. This amaretto cheesecake needs the fat in the cream to get that baked cheesecake type consistency you would expect
Back to the top of the amaretto cheesecake recipe.