T his smooth amaretto mousse cheesecake is a NO BAKE cheesecake recipe! (Yes, I do realize I have it listed in my baked cheesecake recipe collection.) Think - summer! Too hot to cook, but still want to eat a dessert! This one of those Italian dessert recipes that doesn't use your oven. So for the tree hugging go green people - you can keep reading on.
Because this is a mousse - it's a light fluffy smooth creamy type cheesecake. It comes from the delish 100% whipping cream - and the use of your beaters. Not to say you are loosing that flavor from a baked cheesecake recipe because this uses cream cheese. It just has a different texture. Think light and fluffy. Lotsa air.
If this isn't the type of cake looking for Scroll below and see a full list of the Italian cakes I have on my site. And if you are set on cheesecakes - see my baked cheesecake recipe collection.
Thanks for stopping by -
Owner and Creator of Italian Dessert RecipesFollow Me On Facebook! And Pinterest :-)
* 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 package unflavored gelatin (.25 ounce)
* 1/2 cup water
* 24 ozs. of cream cheese
* 1 cup white sugar
* 5 ozs of evaporated milk
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1/3 cup amaretto liqueur
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
* Stir together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
* Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Go ahead and stick it in the refrigerator.
* Pour the water into a small saucepan.
* Sprinkle the gelatin over the water. I let it stand for a bit.
* Next stir the gelatin mixture over low heat until the gelatin is dissolved. Take it off the burner.
* In a separate bowl - beat the cream cheese and the white sugar till it's fluffy.
* Gradually add the evaporated milk and lemon juice. Beat until fluffy and no lumps!
* Gradually beat in the amaretto, vanilla and the gelatin mixture until everything is blended.
* In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until peaks form - but not too much.
* Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
* Pour the filling into the chilled graham cracker crust.
* Refrigerate until firm.
* I leave the springform on until serving time.
* If I have to estimate how long this takes from 'fridge to pan - I'd say about . That's only because you want it to chill after you've been fluffing it around.
An Italian liqueur that can be found in almost every liquor store. And if you are wondering what else you can use amaretto for I have an amaretto recipes collection. Drink. Cook. And enjoy it!
Nope. You really do need the real whipping cream. (And it's so awesome anyway. Why get the stuff in the tub?)
Back to the top of the amaretto mousse cheesecake.