This walnut cake recipe is one of those made in ONE BOWL!
I have to have dessert every night. And one night after dinner I was supposed to be running a simple errand - buy a card at the bookstore. Instead I ended up with a cookbook at the check out and I went home and adapted this recipe to taste like my Aunti Rose's cooking. Something about this recipe reminds me of her and not the way my grandma baked. Regardless...
If you want more chocolate and NOT just a drizzle on top see my chocolate walnut cake recipe . It's still walnut-y in flavor - just with a chocolate hit. And if this wasn't even close to what you were looking for scroll below for a list of all the cake recipes I have on my site.
* 10 Tbsp of butter (room temp)
* 1/2 Cup of soft sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups of flour
* 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 cup of milk
* 1 Tbsp butter
* 3/4 cup of DECENT ( not junkie dollar store) chocolate
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
* Melt butter.
* Place butter in a bowl and beat until thick and creamy.
* Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
* Fold in dry ingredients with milk and walnuts.
* Grease bottom and sides of pan. Too I usually put wax paper on the bottom. And I use a springform - but you can use a 9 inch also.
* Spread the batter in the pan.
* Sprinkle the walnuts over the top and add sprinkle the sugar.
* Bake for -35 mins.
In other recipes. You will be OK without it here. Promise.
Why? Store out of butter? Please don't. There aren't a lot of ingredients in this recipe. So - I wouldn't sacrifice butter for a chemical laden product.
Back to the top of the walnut cake recipe