This lemon tart recipe is one of 9 lemon dessert recipes I have on my site. It's one of those simple tart recipes that you may have made as a lemon squares recipe when you first started cooking. This is another way of making them but in a tart format.
You make a nice almond pastry crust. And add the FRESH lemon mixture in the shell. It's a balanced mix of sweet and sour. Sweet crust, slightly tart lemon mixture.
For most of my tart recipes you don't have to be fancy and use these fancy pants tart pans like I do. You can use a larger tart pan or free form your dough. I just make small little ones so the kids get equal portions and I don't hear, "He got a bigger piece than I did." And too, tartlet pans were my grandma's. I miss her and wanted a little nostalgia in this photo.
Thanks for stopping by and if this wasn't what you were looking for scroll below and you can see my photo gallery of the other lemon dessert recipes I have on my site.
One almond butter pastry crust (directions below)
For the tart filling - this is the basic lemon bar recipe found EVERYWHERE
* 3/8 cup butter
* 1/4 cup confectioner sugar
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
* 1/4 cup FRESH lemon juice (seriously - throw out the bottle!)
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
* Prepare the crust. Ingredient list is below.
* While pastry is cooking combine eggs, white sugar, lemon zest, FRESH lemon juice (which you squeezed from the fresh lemon that you found in the produce section).
* Add the 3 tablespoons flour and mix until smooth.
* Pour mixture over hot pastry crust.
* Bake 15 to more, until firm. (It won't be this long if using small tartlet pans as I did).
* 1 cup flour, plus extra for rolling
* 1/4 cup finely ground blanched almonds (or almond flour)
* 8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, very-cold, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 heaping teaspoon brown sugar
* 1 1/2 to 3 Tbsp ice water, very cold
* Grind the almonds in a blender until they become like meal.
* Use a pastry cutter or two knives to cut the ingredients.
* Make a ball without manhandeling the dough too much.
* Place the ball on a lightly floured counter.
* Roll out the ball and don't handle the dough too much.
* Trim the dough to fit your tart or tartlet pans.
* Poke the dough with a fork (or whatever is handy) to vent.
* Bake the pastry approx 7-10 mins.
No problem. It doesn't make this anymore special if you do or don't. If you use a glass baking dish, that's OK. Just make sure of two things:
Of course! Mo margarine allowed! This lemon tart recipe relies on the crust to make it different than a lemon bar. Your taste buds really will thank you for paying attention to the crust. It will make the udder most difference. Thank the cow and enjoy.
Absolutely. Don't use the bottled lemon juice. Lemons are easy to find! Use 'em.
Back to the Lemon Tart Recipe.