This recipe for pumpkin cheesecake is it a part of my pumpkin dessert recipes collection. Although I've only made it for Thanksgiving, there's no rule that says you can't make it any other time.
We use pumpkin quite often in Italian dessert recipes but the one thing that makes this stand out is the ginger snaps in the crust. I have another recipe (my rum ball recipe) which uses ginger snaps. It seems we borrow a bit of ginger from our neighbors to the East of us.
This recipe for pumpkin cheesecake doesn't hold any other surprises - the ginger snaps are it. There are a few substitutions and ideas in the section below if you want to swap things out.
And if this isn't exactly what you were looking for - scroll below to see my photo gallery of all the baked cheesecake recipes I have on my site. (Ok, one is a NON-baked cheesecake, but you understand what I'm saying.)
And if you are dead set on cooking with pumpkin see my collection of pumpkin dessert recipes page.
Thanks for stopping by -
* 38 ginger snaps crushes
* 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
* 1/4 cup butter melted
* 4 - 8 oz each - packages of cream cheese ( store brand is fine)
* 1 cup of sugar
* 1 - 15 oz can of pumpkin
* 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 4 eggs
* Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
* Mix ginger snaps, walnuts and butter - press into the bottom and 1 inch up the side of a 9 inch spring form pan
* Beat ( really well) cream cheese and sugar with your mixer until it's blended
* Add pumpkin, the spice and vanilla - mix well
* Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing until it's blended after each egg
* Pour into the crust
* Bake 1 hour and 20 mins (really!) or until the center is almost set
* Loosen the cake (run a knife around the edge) before pulling off the rim
* Refrigerate at least 4 hours so that it's cool to serve.
* Because this needs to cool give yourself about for prepping and cooling.
It will be bland but you can use:
Nah. We just them and almonds a lot in Italian dessert recipes. But pecans would work just fine. I just don't happen to use them much, but it's a decent swap.
Back to the top of the recipe for pumpkin cheesecake.
#2Italian Rum Cake Recipe