T his (EASY) almond cake recipe is hard to goof! The sliced almonds make it look like a fancy pants professional-tough-to-make-cake. But this is a breeze!
I do have another almond cake - it's an almond pound cake. There's a couple differences - the almond pound cake doesn't have any "pieces" of almonds like this recipe does. And it's more like a true pound cake. This cake is "low-rise" - the pound cake rises higher.
Make the effort to write it on your grocery list! They are not tough to find!
I have this cake baking while we are eating dinner. It is fantastic when it is warm and right out of the oven. And IF YOU HAVE LEFTOVERS - the next day it slices like a moist thick sugar cookie.
This almond cake recipe is a one layer cake. It's very moist and dense.
I'm not really too sure about substituting any ingredients. There just aren't that many things to sub out. But you can see some FAQs and ideas below .
* 3/4 cups of butter
* 1 1/2 cups of sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
* 1 1/2 cups of flour
* 1 Tbsp sugar
* 3/4 cup of SLICED almonds
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
* Melt butter.
* Pour melted butter in a bowl and stir in sugar. Stir it.
* Add eggs (see it really is one bowl).
* Stir till creamy.
* Add all other ingredients (but not the topping ingredients!).
* Grease bottom and sides of pan. I use a springform - but you can use a 9 inch also.
* Spread the batter in the pan.
* Sprinkle the almonds over the top and add sprinkle the sugar.
* Bake for .
Really there are none if you want an almond cake.
Let me say - I HATE SHORTENING! Not only does it taste gross, it's full of toxic chemicals that I can hardly pronounce. This almond cake recipe really wouldn't taste good with shortening. I'm serious. It's needs butter to get that wonderful butter-y goodness.
Yes. This cake is moist and it won't rise very high. So don't panic you will need to "spread" the batter. Thus, the word "spread" in the recipe itself.
Back to the top of the almond cake recipe.Testing Comment Almond Cake Count Link