TThis ricotta cake is part of my ricotta cheese recipes collection.
It's one bowl from mixing to oven. And it's one of those easy Italian Dessert Recipes - not just because it's one bowl, but because it has *normal* ingredients. Most Italian cakes aren't light and fluffy. And this one holds true. This has a texture like a pound cake - and it's full of butter and eggs. (Love the REAL dairy! Tired of the low-fat/fat-free/fake dairy stuff)
The top on this will flake from the butter. But the inside stays moist.
If you had some questions about this cake see the section below.
And - thanks for stopping by.
* 8 ozs WHOLE ricotta cheese drained
* 3 sticks of butter!(yep - really!)
* 2 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
* 6 eggs (yep - really!)
* 3 cups of flour - sifted
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
* Set out all ingredients to come to room temperature
* Drain ricotta cheese in strainer.
* Grease a spring pan or angel food pan.
* Cream together ricotta cheese, flavorings and butter.
* Gradually add the sugar and salt.
* Cream until fluffy.
* Add eggs one at a time - mix well after each addition.
* Add flour one cup at a time - mix well after each addition.
* Pour (or spoon) into pan.
* Bake for
Here's some swap out ideas if you don't wish to use the almond and vanilla ratio:
I'm sure there are other ideas. But, these ones have been tried by others and they wrote "they worked!"
Well, this is a ricotta cake recipe . So - I'd say you could use:
Just don't expect a ricotta cake if you use another cheese. And too, your texture should be considered.
Hmmmm. You don't have to do anything! The whole milk ricotta is a better flavor and much thicker than the low-fat stuff. I've never tried the lower fat cheese in this recipe. IF you wish to embark on that - be aware it will need to drain much longer than just a few minutes. I'd even squeeze out the moisture with a paper towel before using it also.
I have a few on my site and I'm constantly adding more. To see those see my ricotta cheese recipes collection.
Back to the top of the ricotta cake the recipe.